We Respect Your Privacy
We respect your right to privacy and this policy sets out how we collect and treat your personal information.
As part of providing our counselling service to you, it may be necessary to collect and record personal information. The information gathered is part of our assessment, diagnosis and treatment. It enables your psychotherapist to provide a relevant and informed counselling service.
All personal information gathered by the psychotherapist during the provision of the counselling service will remain confidential and secure except where:
- It is subpoenaed by a court.
- Failure to disclose the information would place you or another person at serious and imminent risk.
There may be times where, as part of the assessment and therapy process, it may be helpful for your psychotherapist to liaise with other people or agencies that are relevant to your goals. Additional consent forms will be requested in these instances.
“Personal information” is the information we hold which is identifiable as being about you.
What Personal Information We Collect
We may collect the following types of personal information from you:
- phone number
- email address
- medical information
- information from enquiries you have made
- communications between us
How Personal Information Is Collected
A client’s personal information is collected in a number of ways before, during or after a counselling consultation with Samved Dass Psychotherapy including:
- when the client provides information directly to Samved Dass Psychotherapy using hardcopy forms
- correspondence via email or through Samved Dass Psychotherapy’s website
- when the client interacts directly with their psychotherapist and Samved Dass Psychotherapy’s employees such as the receptionist
- when other health practitioners provide personal information to Samved Dass Psychotherapy via referrals, correspondence and medical reports.
Know that email communication between you and your Samved Dass Psychotherapy clinician will be kept confidential within the practice.
Use Of Your Personal Information
We use your information to provide our services to you.
We do not provide your information to third parties. We will not under any circumstances sell or rent your information to a third party.
Security Of Your Personal Information
We take reasonable steps to protect your personal information. However we are not liable for any unauthorised access to this information.
Access To Your Personal Information
You can access, update or request the removal of your personal information by contacting us.
Google Analytics Advertising Features
We utilise Google Analytics Advertising features to identify trends of people visiting our website. This information is an aggregate overview and does not allow us to correlate your personal viewing habits on our or other websites. This process is done utilising the Google Analytics cookie and / or DoubleClick cookie. If you wish to opt-out of Google Analytics’ please visit their currently available opt-outs here.